Chapter – I : Signs Analysis
- May the Supreme Divine Light (Sun) who illuminates in the Sky above horizon giving his darshan once to Gods, Pitrus and Humans for 6 months, 15 days and half day respectively and who at times moves via the left (Northern Hemisphere – Uttarayana) and then to the right (Southern Hemisphere – Dakshinayana) bless us with unlimited prosperity, good luck and splendor.
- I, the astrologer, Mantreshwara, firstly offer my respectful obeisance to Sarada Devi (Saraswati), My family deity, Parents, to my perceptors, to the nine planets, to Lord Ganesha and Shiva present for the enjoyment of astrologers, with a simplified and lucid manner the present scripture Phala Deepika, spoken by learned Maharishi Atri, Maharishi Parasara etc.,
- First of all, the child’s birth time must be recorded correctly and accurately with the use of various yantras mentioned in Astrology. The Ghatis, Vighatis and Vipalas should be recorded expertly and calculate the positions of planets with the help of astronomy as to its degrees, minutes and seconds.
- Kaal Purush Body organs are formed starting from Lagna (Ascendant)
|1. First House – Head|
2. Second House – Face
3. Third House – Chest
4. Fourth House – Heart
5. Fifth House – Stomach
6. Sixth House – Waist
|7. Seventh House – Groins|
8. Eighth House – Private Parts
9. Ninth House – Thighs
10. Tenth House – Knees
11. Eleventh House – Calves
12. Twelfth House – Feet
Scorpio, Pisces and Cancer end points are called Rasi Sandhis.
- The place of residence for each of 12 signs of Zodiac are Forest Places, Worship Places, Bedroom, Creek Places, Hills, Land full of grains and water, Abode of a businessman (Vaisya), A hole, The ruler, A flooded forest, place for Pottery Makers and water.
- Exaltation and Debilitation
|Sun||Aries 0 – 10°||Libra 0 – 10°|
|Moon||Taurus 0 – 3°||Scorpio 0-3°|
|Mars||Capricorn 0 – 28°||Capricorn 0 – 28°|
|Mercury||Virgo 0 – 15°||Pisces 0 – 15°|
|Jupiter||Cancer 0 – 5°||Capricorn 0 – 5°|
|Venus||Pisces 0 – 27°||Virgo 0 – 27°|
|Saturn||Libra 0 – 20°||Aries 0 – 20°|
- Trine and Own houses
|Sun||Leo 0 – 20°||Leo 20° – 30°|
|Moon||Taurus 3° – 30°||Cancer 0 – 30°|
|Mars||Aries 0 – 12°||Aries 12° – 30°|
|Mercury||Virgo 15° – 20°||Virgo 20° – 30°|
|Jupiter||Sagittarius 0 – 10°||Sagittarius 10 – 30°|
|Venus||Libra 0 – 5°||Libra 5 – 30°|
|Saturn||Aquarius 20 – 30°||Aquarius 0 – 20°|
Sagittarius (1st Half)
Sagittarius (2nd Half)
Capricorn (1st Half)
Capricorn (2nd Half)
- Rising Signs
|Seershodaya (Front Rising)|
|Pristhodaya (Back Rising)|
|Ubhayodaya (Back and Front)|
Day and Night Signs
|Strong During Day|
|Strong During Night|
Start counting from signs that Sun has already traversed. For example, If Sun has crossed Leo and entered Virgo, start counting from Leo to Cancer. These signs will be respectively known as “Urdhva”, “Adho”, “Sama”, “Vakra”, “Urdhva”, “Adho”, “Sama”, “Vakra”, “Urdhva”, “Adho”, “Sama”, “Vakra”.
- Features and Characteristics of Signs
|Aries||Moveable||On the gate||Metals||Cruel||Malefic||East|
|Cancer||Moveable||On the gate||Metals||Soft||Benefic||North|
|Libra||Moveable||On the gate||Metals||Cruel||Malefic||West|
|Capricorn||Moveable||On the gate||Metals||Soft||Benefic||South|
- There are twelve houses in a birth chart. Each house is called by different names that indicate the matters that fall under that house. First House: Lagna, Kalya, Deha, Udaya, Rupa, Seersha, Vartamana and Janma. Second House: Vitta (Wealth), Vidya (Learning), Swa (Self), Annapana (Food and Drinks), Bhukti (Eating), Asya (Right Eye , Face), Patrika (Letter), Vakku (Speech), Kutumba (Family)
- Third House: Uras (Chest), Dakshina Karnam (Right Ear), Sena (Army), Dhairya (Courage), Sourya (Valour), Vikrama (Courage), Bhratara (Siblings).
- Fourth House: Kingdom, Cattle, Perfumes, Clothing, Ornaments, the nadir, Hibuka, Happiness, Water, bridge, River, Mother. Fifth House; Kings Royal Seal, Minister, Tax, Atma (Soul), Wisdom, Knowledge of future, Longevity, Children, Stomach, Vedic Knowledge and Religious Scriptures.
- Sixth House: Debts, Thieves, Problems, wounds, diseases, enemies, paternal relations, battle, wicked acts, sins, fear and humiliation. Seventh House: Desires, Passion, Lust, People, Spouse, Road.
- Eighth House: Conjugal Bliss (Husband Longevity), Randra (Hole), Mental Sickness, Anxiety, Insult or defeat, Death, Impurity, Obstacles, Slaves. Ninth House: Teachers or Gurus, God, Father, Auspicious, Previous Birth karma, Prayer, Devotion, Good deeds, Japa, grandsons, Ancestry, Luck.
- Tenth House: Business, Status, Respect, Karma, Victory, Fame, Authority, Departure. Eleventh House: Gains, Income, Arrival, Fulfilments, Elder Brother, Welfare, praise, Left Ear, Softness, good news.
- Twelfth House: Grief, Sorrow, Left Eye, Diseases, Final Journey, Poverty, Imprisonment, Expenses, Losses, Sleep.
- The 6th, 8th and 12th houses are called “Dusthanas”. Remaining houses 1,2,3,4,5,7,9,10,11 are benefic houses. 1,4,7 and 10 houses are known as Angles – Kendras or Chatusthaya, Kantaka.
- Houses 2, 5, 8, 11 from Lagna are known as Pana Pharas. Houses 3, 6, 9, 12 from lagna are known as Apoklimas. Houses 4,8,12 are known as Chaturasra. Houses 3,6,10,11 are known as Upachaya houses. Houses 1,5,9 are known as Trine or Kona Houses.