How to reduce the impact of Shani on your life
Remedies for Shani
Shanidev (Saturn) is the slowest moving planet completing the full zodiac every 30 years making it the most important planet in our lives. Being the Karma Karaka (significator), Shanidev affects our jobs, business. education, health and profession. The affects of Shanidev are long lasting lessons that take us to the realistic realm of human life.
According to Vishnu Purana, Shanidev is the son of Lord Sun and Chhaya devi. Lord Sun was married to Devi Sangya and gave birth to two children Yama and Yami. Devi Sangya couldn’t bear the extreme heat of Lord Sun due to which she created her shadow called Chhaya and left Lord Sun. Chhaya gave birth to Shanidev. Lord Sun did not accept Shanidev as his son due to his dark appearance. This angered Shanidev and since then Shanidev and Lord Sun remained inimical to each other. Shanidev was given the responsibility of Karma.
Importance of Saturn in Human Life
Shanidev is the significator of Karma and is given the position of servant in planetary kingdom. For this reason, he is considered important for Job, business and profession. Being lord of karma, he determines the fate of individual based on his karma. In other words, good karma of a person results in favors from Shanidev and bad karma results in the person taking tough lessons from Shanidev. He is the one planet lord who can take a person from nothing to riches based on his good actions. He expects the person to work hard and put his efforts without seeking fruits from those efforts. Those who are influenced by Saturn get progress in their life very late but the progress will be long lasting.
Shanidev effects the persons mostly during Sade Sati (7 1/2 year Saturn period – Transit of Saturn in 12th, 1st and 2nd House from Natal Moon), Asthama Shani (8th house transit from natal moon), Arthasthama Shani (4th House transit from natal moon) ,Shani Maha Dasha ( 19 Years ), Shani Antar Dasha (3 Years).
Remedies to reduce of impact of Saturn in your life
You can adopt any or more of the following remedies to reduce the impact of Saturn.
- Recite Shani Beej Mantra 19000 times
ॐ प्राँ प्रीं प्रौं सः शनैश्चराय नमः ॥
Om praam preem praum sah shanayishraya namah
2. Recite any of the following Shani Mantra 108 times every day
ऊँ शं शनैश्चाराय नमः।
Om Sham Shaneshchraya Namaha
— Ekashari Mantra of Shanidev
नीलांजनसमाभासं रविपुत्रं यमाग्रजम्।
छायामार्तण्ड सम्भूतं तं नमामि शनैश्चरम्।
Nilanjana Shambhanam, Raviputra Yamagrajam
Chaya Marthanda Sambhootam, Tam namami Shanayischaram
— Vyas Vicharita Mantra
3. Recite Dasarath Shani Stotra every day
नम: कृष्णाय नीलाय शितिकण्ठनिभाय च।
नम: कालाग्निरूपाय कृतान्ताय च वै नम: ।।१।।
नमो निर्मांस देहाय दीर्घश्मश्रुजटाय च ।
नमो विशालनेत्राय शुष्कोदर भयाकृते।।२।।
नम: पुष्कलगात्राय स्थूलरोम्णेऽथ वै नम:।
नमो दीर्घायशुष्काय कालदष्ट्र नमोऽस्तुते।।३।।
नमस्ते कोटराक्षाय दुर्निरीक्ष्याय वै नम: ।
नमो घोराय रौद्राय भीषणाय कपालिने।।४।।
नमस्ते सर्वभक्षाय वलीमुखायनमोऽस्तुते।
सूर्यपुत्र नमस्तेऽस्तु भास्करे भयदाय च ।।५।।
अधोदृष्टे: नमस्तेऽस्तु संवर्तक नमोऽस्तुते ।
नमो मन्दगते तुभ्यं निरिाणाय नमोऽस्तुते ।।६।।
तपसा दग्धदेहाय नित्यं योगरताय च ।
नमो नित्यं क्षुधार्ताय अतृप्ताय च वै नम: ।।७।।
ज्ञानचक्षुर्नमस्तेऽस्तु कश्यपात्मज सूनवे ।
तुष्टो ददासि वै राज्यं रुष्टो हरसि तत्क्षणात् ।।८।।
देवासुरमनुष्याश्च सिद्घविद्याधरोरगा: ।
त्वया विलोकिता: सर्वे नाशंयान्ति समूलत:।।९।।
प्रसाद कुरु मे देव वाराहोऽहमुपागत ।
एवं स्तुतस्तद सौरिग्र्रहराजो महाबल: ।।१०।।
4. Donate Urad Dal (whole), Iron (Loha) or ironware, mustard or sesame oil, black sesame
seeds, black colored clothes, black gram
5. You can donate mustard oil/Sesame Oil filled vessel after seeing your shadow in it on Saturdays.
6. You can wear Shani Yantra
7. Wear 4 faced Rudraksha
8. Plant Shami Tree and worship it
9. Fast on Saturday and have food only one time.
10. Light a lamp under peepal tree and take 7 rounds around the peepal tree
11. Recite Hanuman Chalisa or Sundarkand.
12. Make laddoos with black sesame seeds and offer to crows.
13. Donate to Charitable institutions for aged people, Orphanages and mental hospitals.
14. Take bath with Oil on Saturdays
15. Worship Lord Shiva by offering water to Shivling everyday
16. Refrain from bad habits and addictions. Dont be Lazy. Do work outs.